Sunday, January 22, 2012

Layla

I worked fast and furiously sewing up a storm the month of December. I was so excited/nervous to be giving so many handmade gifts this year. I say "so many" because I usually gift zero handmade items. I absolutely love making things but it's somewhat scary giving someone a gift you've made. You don't want it to be "that gift" that has BYH (bless your heart) written all over it. The gift that you have worked so hard on and love but might only be amazing to you--because you've worked so hard on it...So I've always loved making things, just not giving them out. But this year I was determined. And I started with something fairly simple. A precious elephant named Layla. I found the tutorial through Ucreate and the pattern on Cutting Corners College. I knew my nieces and daughters would like anything I did. And I am SO happy to say that Amelia promptly named hers Ephalie and brought him to church the next morning. And even took him to bed with her. :) Ingrid now sleeps with Stripes too. I love these sweet stuffed elephants with their giant floppy ears and big blue eyes.

"Ephalie" "Stripes" "Sunny" "Bluebelle"

4 comments:

  1. A-dorable. I love, love them! I stick with homemade for the nieces/nephews and have found whatever is made is adored and loved, not one single BYH! Haha, that made me laugh btw :) Great job and so cute the way you combined the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are soo cute and I am so glad the girls loved them! I love my coasters too, which I use every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sara--my favorite thing is the way you combined the fabrics. Love, love, love. You will be interested in knowing that Elise's elephant has been renamed Brighty. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! "Laila" is a name we have picked out! If it's a girl, she might need one!

    ReplyDelete